- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 of 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- ~4 cups washed, peeled, chopped carrots
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups veggie stock + 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup creamy or crunchy natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Top with hot sauce and sliced scallions to taste
Heat a large pot over medium heat. Dice onion and garlic. Add onion and garlic to pot with 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Season with a healthy pinch each salt and pepper, ginger, and curry powder. Add veggie stock, 2 cups of water and stir. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes (until veggies are tender).
Transfer your pot into a blender and blend until smooth. Add peanut butter and chili garlic sauce and blend to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. For a touch of added sweetness, add a tbsp of brown sugar, maple syrup or agave nectar. Add more chili garlic sauce for more heat.
Serve with a drizzle of hot sauce, a pinch of sliced scallions, and a slice of lime (if desired).